|Assault Rifle 1946|
|Ammo Type||Heavy Rounds|
|Operation|| Fully-automatic (default)|
Single shot (alternate)
|Appears In||Wolfenstein: The New Order|
- "A German Army service rifle with a fire selector for switching between automatic and semi-automatic fire mode. Useful when taking on multiple enemies at once at medium range."
- ―Journal description.[src]
The Assault Rifle 1946 is a weapon in Wolfenstein: The New Order. It is the staple weapon of the Nazi infantry during the game's prologue.
The Assault Rifle 1946 packs quite a punch when compared to the lowly starting SMG and is often the immediate replacement for that weapon as soon as it becomes available. It has a rather light but noticeable recoil pattern that encourages short controlled bursts rather than bullet hosing. The Assault Rifle 1946 can be dual-wielded.
It is completely superseded by its 1960 successor after the timeskip, though it is usable in the hidden Nightmare sequence.
- AR Magazine +: Increases the Assault Rifle 1946's magazine size by 8.
- Deadeye: Increases the Assault Rifle 1946's headshot damage when sighted.
- Quick Draw: The Assault Rifle 1946 is equipped faster.
- Quick Reload: The Assault Rifle 1946 is reloaded faster.
- Double Reload: The Assault Rifle 1946 is reloaded faster when dual-wielded.
- Endurance I: Increases sprint speed when dual-wielding Assault Rifle 1946s.
- Dual-wield Expert: Increases the Assault Rifle 1946's standard total ammo capacity. Dual-wielded Assault Rifle 1946s have a higher chance of dismembering enemies.
- The Assault Rifle 1946 was based on a dolled-up StG 44. It has an undermounting foregrip that can be seen used by enemy personnel, but not by Blazkowicz himself. The foregrip automatically folds when the weapon is dropped.
- The in-universe German assault rifle is better than the American-made SMG in every aspect. Several characters in the game are aware of this fact, and would suggest the player picking one up as replacement as soon as possible.
- The Assault Rifle 1946 has only one magazine model that always shows loaded rounds in it whether the rifle is actually empty or not.
|Light Guns||Handgun 1946 · Handgun 1960 · SMG|
|Heavy Guns||Assault Rifle 1946 · Assault Rifle 1960 · AR Marksman · Automatic Shotgun · Double-Barreled Shotgun|
|Machine Guns||MG-46 · MG-60|
|Explosives||Hand Grenade · Tesla Grenade|
|Laser Guns||Laser Cutter · LaserKraftWerk|