Barnacle Wilhelm ("William", i.e., a play on "Barnacle Bill") is the second boss in Spear of Destiny level 10. While his exact status in Nazi army is unknown, he is a high-ranking Nazi officer. He has a receding blonde hairline and beard, moustache and is wearing a blue armored vest. His choice of weapons are the same as General Fettgesicht, a rocket launcher and chaingun combination.
Barnacle Wilhelm fires 1 missile and 4 bullets per volley. Upon defeat, he will talk before falling to the ground and dropping a gold key.
The same analysis can be used to defeat Wilhelm as was used to defeat Fettgesicht. However, there are two secret rooms in the area where you face Wilhelm. The access to one of these rooms gives a plentiful amount of life and ammunition, enough to scroll back and forth while fighting him.
The poor quality of sound in the game makes it difficult to ascertain what is being said. Sources are given for what Id claims is the language, but this is sometimes open to criticism.
- "Ach so"
- "Oh, I see!" File: "WILHELMSIGHTSND". Spoken on seeing the player.
- "Wenn schon!"
- "So what!" File: "WILHELMDEATHSND". Spoken on death.
"Id Software apologizes to German speaking people everywhere."
- The overall green-blue color scheme of Wilhelm is very similar to that employed for the mission packs of Spear of Destiny.
- ↑ WOLFSRC/WL_ACT2.C from the Wolfenstein 3D source code on github.com, line 42
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Cloud, Kevin. Spear of Destiny Hint Book. FormGen Corporation, 1992. Page 36. Web. (Third-party scan)
|Wolfenstein 3D||Guard · SS · Killer Dog · Mutant · Officer · Pac-Man Ghost · Fake Hitler|
|Other enemies||Bat · Mutant Rat · Ghost|
|Wolfenstein 3D bosses||Hans Grösse · Dr. Schabbs · Adolf Hitler · Otto Giftmacher · Gretel Grösse · General Fettgesicht|
|Spear of Destiny bosses||Trans Grösse · Barnacle Wilhelm · Übermutant · Death Knight · Angel of Death|
|Spear of Destiny mission pack bosses||Submarine Willy · Professor Quarkblitz · The Axe · The Robot · Devil Incarnate|