|Ammunition type||.45 ACP|
|Max ammunition in reserve||300|
|Fire type||Semi automatic|
|Games|| Return to Castle Wolfenstein,|
The M1911A1 Colt has been the standard sidearm of the United States military throughout the 20th century. Designed by famous small arms designer John Browning. It was replaced by the Beretta 92 in the 1980s, but some elite branches of the military (such as the Marines' Force Recon) prefer it over the Beretta 92. It has also gained a strong following among civilian shooters.
- Kessler provides the player with a Thompson gun and a Colt pistol at the beginning of Mission 2, in his house.
- A second Colt appears soon after the start of Mission 3, it's across from a small lake noted by a parachute. However, it may be missed by a player that isn't paying attention, or speed-running the level. When acquired, it will automatically move to dual wield mode. This can be switched back and forth using the same key bind used to bring up the scope.
- The Colt is as accurate as the Luger and does slightly more damage (8 hit points). However, its ammo is extremely rare throughout the game and is shared by the Thompson, so if you plan on using the Thompson, don't use the Colt.
- The Colt is quite loud when fired, so it is not recommended in stealth levels.
- In MP, the Colt is the Allies' standard sidearm.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In real life, the WWII-era Colt M1911A1 used a 7-round magazine. Aftermarket magazines with larger capacities only became widely available post-war.
|Melee||Knife · Boot|
|Firearms||Luger · Colt · MP 40 · Thompson · Sten · Mauser (Scoped) · Snooper · FG 42 · Venom · MG 42|
|Explosives||Grenades · Dynamite · Panzerfaust|
|Other||Flamethrower · Tesla|
|Tides of War exclusive||Shotgun|