- "Those Drache Troopers are unsafe; the resistance has taken to shooting their fuel tanks. The explosion usually takes out anyone else close by."
- "Well, now I know not to stand near anyone carrying a flamethrower."
- - Two unknown Wehrmacht soldiers in sewers, before killed by B.J.
Drache Troopers (lit. "Dragon Troopers") are powerful soldiers armed with a short-ranged Flammenwerfer which deals heavy damage and will set B.J on fire for damage-over-time if they hit. While powerful if fought the "right" way, they can be killed almost instantly. It is currently unknown, that this soldier is also part of the nachtsonne test subject, basing on the voice itself sounded a lot like the Scribe and Veil Assassin. When every-time where they warn the nearby standard nazi soldier, that Blazkowicz is here.
- The Drache Trooper has a short-ranged weapon and a powerful melee attack. Like Heavy Troopers, Drache Troopers will simply move towards the player and will not try to take cover or evade grenades; they are faster then Heavy Troopers, will usually spawn far closer to the player, and the range of their flamethrower is deceptively long. The Veil Power Shield does not protect BJ from their attacks, and the Reflective Crystal upgrade cannot reflect the flames. They are also somewhat tough with 200 or even more then health points than regular enemy and specialist units combine.
- Like their RtCW counterparts, Drache Troopers are immune to the Flammenwerfer and take minimal damage from frontal attacks; their weak point is the bright red fuel tank on their back, which will kill them instantly if it is destroyed and has minimal hitpoints. Seemingly the player is supposed to aim above their shoulders to hit the fuel tank or use Mire and strafe around them to hit their back. If you use veil vision, and you can see a red part on their backs, therefore you will know where to shoot.
- However, the ability Empower makes shots pass straight through the Drache Trooper's body and hit the fuel tank; with this ability a handful of shots from the MP 43 will kill the Drache Trooper from the front. If this trick is used it is very rare that a Drache Trooper will live long enough to even deal damage to the player.
The first Drache Trooper spawns in a narrow tunnel in the sewers at the start of the mission Cannery, and thereafter they are an extremely rare enemy, usually only encountered in confined spaces during missions. Also they never come in pairs.
Drache Troopers wear a fireproof suit with an armoured breastplate and shoulder guards and a gasmask. The first Drache Trooper killed will give the player the Flammenwerfer, while later ones will drop Flammenwerfer Fuel.
- "Blazkowicz is here"
- "Stop him!"
- "Drache" is dragon in German, this name is presumably come from the fire-breathing ability of a dragon.
- The Drache Trooper look resembling to ATC Black Ops Pyro from F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin a sequel to F.E.A.R., Which is another game developed by Monolith Productions completely unrelated.
|Humans||Drache Trooper · Elite Guard · Heavy Trooper · Rocket Trooper · Scribe · Soldier (Wehrmacht · Sniper · SS) · Wolfgang Statz · Veil Assassin|
|Creatures||Despoiled · Geist · Sniffer|
|Machines||Keiler · MG42 · Portable shield · Tiger tank|
|Bosses||Altered · Viktor Zetta · Queen Geist · Hans Grosse|