Eva's Hammer is the largest U-boat in the Kriegsmarine and the world. It is seen in the 2014 game Wolfenstein: The New Order, as well the 2017 game Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. The submarine is now the Kreisau Circle's and American Resistances' HQ and Command Centre.
Wolfenstein: The New OrderEdit
The Eva's Hammer is not seen until Chapter 11 - U-Boat where B.J. Blazkowicz stows away inside a torpedo delivered to the U-Boat by one of Klaus Kreutz's contacts. Having boarded the ship, Blazkowicz clears the vessel of its crew, and killing its captain Krieger to make it secure for the other members of the Kreisau Circle to board. They then use the craft to access Set Roth's Da'at Yichud safe keep below the Atlantic Ocean.
By the final chapter, the Kreisau Circle used the Eva's Hammer to attack Deathshead's Compound. They fired a Spindly Torque from its cannon to attack the defending Nazi forces. They also used the ship's nuclear cannon after Blazkowicz obtained the nuclear decryption keys from the Lunar Base to destroy Deathshead's Compound with a nuclear shell.
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus Edit
The Eva's Hammer became the Kreisau Circle's new mobile HQ after the assault on Deathshead's Compound. Because of its status and capacity to launch nuclear shells, it has become a top-priority target for the Nazis to recapture or destroy. The Kreisau Circle then directed the Eva's Hammer to link up with the resistance forces in the former United States, coming under attack from Nazi forces in the Atlantic Ocean.
After BJ's 5-months coma, the Eva's Hammer was attacked by Irene and her death squad to kill BJ and avenge Deathshead's death. It is revealed that the crew did not sweep up all the Nazi personnel within the U-boat due to its tremendous size. The remaining Nazi soldiers led by Nazi Commander Fischer hid in the obscured Section F (entrance hidden by a locker) of the U-boat and managed to transmit signals for backups. This leads to the Ausmerzer following, tracking down, and attacking the Eva's Hammer. After B.J. disposed off the remaining Nazis, Fischer and the transmitter plus the automated system comprised of Drones and Supersoldiers that are programmed by the Nazi to protect their nuclear stockpile in Section F, the Eva's Hammer goes lies the full control of the Kreisau Circle and the American Resistance.
- The U-boat is most likely named after Eva Braun, Adolf Hitler's lover and wife.
- The Eva's Hammer has at least dozens of nuclear warheads stored in the section F of the ship. The stockpile was originally protected from intruders by Drones and Supersoldiers until B.J. disposed all of them, allowing the other resistance members to access these.
- The crew members that hide in section F are all armed with 1961 weapons like other soldiers, and commanders wear the 1961 uniform, likely for gameplay reasons. Due hiding since B.J. took over in 1960, they should stil wear 1960 uniforms and use 1960 weapons, and commanders weren't able to call for reinforcements. Still, it might be possible during the assault, that Engel's troops managed to supply them before getting pushed back.
- Eva's Hammer is based on the real world plans for the Kriegsmarine's Cruiser Class U-boats. These vessels would have been twice as large as the standard U-boat of the German Navy and would have been capable of carrying the Arado Ar-231 scout seaplane as well as the Flettner Fl-282 helicopter.
- It appears that the Eva's Hammer is also an aircraft carrier submarine, as numerous retro-futuristic Ho-229 can be seen docking through the glass at the staircase in Wolfenstein: The New Order.
- In the german version of the game the U-boat is called "Hammerfaust" (german for "Hammerfist").
- There is actually a real submarine carrier know as the I-400-class submarine build by Imperial Japanese Navy during the Second World War in which 18 of this class were commission in 1942 but was scaled down to 5 in 1943 and were to carry up to three Aichi M6A Seiran Floatplanes but only 3 (I-400 at Kure, and I-401 and I-402 at Sasebo) out of the 5 were completed.
- The nuclear cannon on the U-boat is possibly based on the American M65 atomic cannon.