Fergus in 1960
|Country of Origin||Scotland|
|Date of Birth||1907|
|Date of Death|| |
|Age|| 39 (The Old Blood)|
39-53 (The New Order)
54 (The New Colossus)
Deceased: Lobotomized by Deathshead in 1946, and brain death by B.J. in 1960 (player-determined)
|Appearance(s)|| Wolfenstein: The New Order |
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
- "Well, crazy and dedicated. Welcome to the war!"
- ―Fergus Reid to Private Gates in 1946.[src]
Born and raised in the Scottish lowlands, Fergus Reid's childhood was defined by poverty and hardships. Early on, he developed a cynical outlook on life. Sarcasm became a tool finely honed for dealing with the cruelty of fate. At age 16, Fergus found a job in the Glasgow shipyard where he would remain at until the depression of the 1930s hit Scotland hard and he was made redundant.
After years of scraping by, World War II broke out and Fergus moved to Perth in central Scotland. There he joined the Parachute Regiment and trained as an aviation mechanic before an alcohol induced bet got him promoted to airman.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Edit
After defeating the monster at the end of the game, B.J. is knocked out by a falling rock. Fergus arrives to get him back on his feet and escort him out of Wulfburg. They arrive at R.A.F. Kinloss, where they prepare for the assault on Deathshead's Compound.
Wolfenstein: The New OrderEdit
Fergus accompanies B.J. and other Allied troops including Probst Wyatt III in assaulting Deathshead's Compound and ends up being captured by Deathshead himself. If Fergus is chosen, he accepts his death as he is dissected. If Wyatt is chosen, he is dissected and Fergus and B.J. watch in horror.
B.J., Fergus and Prendergast escape the compound, as he and Prendergast are separated from B.J., who was hit by shrapnel. Fergus and Prendergast accompany the Kreisau Circle with Caroline Becker and other members: the obsessed genius Tekla, Englishman Bobby Bram, former Nazi Klaus Kreutz and his "son" Max Hass. Fergus would become weary of his old age, and haunted by Wyatt's death as he saw the latter to have potential and give them a future.
- "Here I was, getting ready for the eternal nap. And this Nazi killing jammy bastard shows up out of nowhere. What have you've been up to, Blazkowicz?"
- ―Fergus and B.J. meet again in 1960, Eisenwald Prison.
By 1960, Fergus is sent to Eisenwald Prison where he and others are tortured, however, he is saved by B.J. who had come out of his state and was helped by Anya Oliwa. He and Blazkowicz managed to escape and regroup with the Kreisau Circle. Eventually, he aided the Kreisau Circle in retrieving the stealth helicopters of Project Whisper located at the London Nautica, losing Bram who gave B.J. enough time, destroying the London Nautica front.
After returning back to the Kreisau Circle, B.J. goes to Fergus in order to retrieve keys to the archive room. Fergus loses his cool with Blazkowicz on account of Wyatt's death at the hands of Deathshead. Fergus yells at B.J., considering himself nothing but a worthless skeleton" from the past and orders B.J. out of his room. Fergus is later seen telling B.J. that the power tool Set Roth needs to finish the U-Boat is down the entrance. Roth tells the resistance that their are some Da'at Yichud technology, the trio go to one of the safes and get the Spindly Torque and power suit. Fergus and B.J. use the torque on a bridge, with B.J. getting the German officer's suit for the Moon.
Final Assault on DeathsheadEdit
- "Don't fuck this up. You magnificent cunt."
- ―Fergus before the assault.
Fergus is later seen at the HQ as Irene Engel and her forces attack the base. Fergus, Becker, B.J., Max and Klaus escape as Klaus dies of his wounds. During the final assault, Fergus tells B.J. not to mess this up. B.J. also encounters Bubi whom he kills, and meets Private Wyatt in the Prototype Robot. B.J. and Deathshead battle and B.J. wounds him, as the General mauls him, killing himself in the process. After Blazkowicz is injured by Deathshead, Fergus asks Blazkowicz for clearance to fire the nuclear cannon, Blazkowicz tells him it's clear.
The New Colossus Edit
Like with Wyatt, the save file involving the choice to save him can be transferred over to the next installment to reprise his appearance (at this time it's unclear what the default canon option is when the player doesn't have a save file at all). He loses his right arm after one of Irene's officers chops it off with an axe while he and BJ are restrained by Uber Soldiers. After they escape, Set Roth replaces his arm with a cybernetic one. However, his new prosthesis is unstable, seen when it repeatedly smashes a biscuit in his face as he tries to test out his new arm.
Like on Wyatt's dissection, Fergus is the prototype of Deathshead's experiment on using the brain and a mechanical beast in war. In 1960, Deathshead's research has finished during the assault on his compound. B.J. and Fergus (in the prototype) battle, with the machine only line of weakness are grenades. B.J. defeats him as Fergus begs him to kill him, opening the pad for his brain. B.J. tells him that he'll "see [him] soon in a better place than this", and destroys Fergus' brain with the LaserKraftWerk, ending Reid's suffering.
Fergus is selfless, loyal, reliable, sarcastic, broken, haunted, bitter, old and in pain during his timeline. In 1946, he is seen praising his allies achievements on the battlefield and considering them young, crazy and dedicated. If chosen to be dissected, he agrees with B.J.'s dissection and accepts his demise.
In 1960 (Fergus' timeline), Fergus is tortured and kept in misery of losing the young. He self loathes himself on his age, calling himself and B.J. "mummies from the past" and declared himself a "useless old skeleton". His anger kept inside deep until he tells of his grief, screaming out when he yells at B.J. in Chapter 7. Through his pain, he is reliable in combat and helps the resistance with all his strength despite his old age.
- "It's Okay, Blazko. This is a War: People Die. My Time is Up, That's All."
- ―Before Lobotomized by Deathshead in 1946
- "Hellow maw. Thanks ever so much for the new socks. They're right warm and a snug fit. Yeah I'm doing well... Although this war has grown a little wearisome. Nothing much interest happen around these parts. Today I landed a helicopter an a nicked Nazi nuclear submarine aircraft carrier. After which I donned a deep water diving suit, swam down an abyssal trench in the middle of the Atlantic fucking Ocean. Don't mean to bore you with the details. Long story short I'm now standing inside a secret vault full of things so magical and abnormal in nature the mind has no recourse but to shudder in bewilderment. Course I'm accompanied by a Nazi killing lunatic and some kind of genius wizard who claims on a first name basis with God almighty himself. Ah well, we can only hope for a more stimulating turn of event in the future. Give my love for everyone back home. Fergus out."
- ―Fergus in Chapter 11.
- "I'm getting to old for this, Blazkowicz. Don't know how much longer I can keep doing this."
- ―Fergus in Chapter 7.
- "I don't know. Nothing, everything. It's about the boy, goddammit, Private Wyatt. He should be here instead of me. He was young, he ... he had potential. He could have given us a future. You and me we're ... two fucking mummies from the past. Running on nothing but willpower. "
- ―Fergus' speech about Wyatt.
- He often calls B.J. "Blazko" in both 1946 and 1960 timelines.
- In his timeline, the player can collect small red statuettes of soldiers for health upgrades. Each upgrade adds 10 extra health points to the player's maximum health.
- In the quest to retrieve the keys to the archives from Wyatt (in Wyatt's timeline) during the second visit to the Kreisau Circle HQ, Wyatt says that Reid was a Wing Commander in the Royal Air Force. However, the rank patch on his right sleeve is for a sergeant, not a Wing Commander, and his sleeves bear the patches of the Parachute Regiment, which is a part of the British Army, and not the RAF.
- Given the desperate state of the war by 1946 it's not inconceivable he may have been transferred to the RAF with the acting rank of Wing Commander given his piloting abilities for the attack on Deathshead's Compound.
- Alongside Blazkowicz, he has appeared in all three entries (only if chosen to be saved by him).
|Resistance||BJ Blazkowicz · Anya Oliwa · Caroline Becker · Fergus Reid · Prendergast · Private Wyatt · Tekla · J · Klaus Kreutz· Max Hass · Bobby Bram · Set Roth · Bombate ·|
|Nazis||Wilhelm Strasse · Irene Engel · Bubi · Friedrich Keller · The Knife|
|Others||Gates · Benson|
|Resistance||BJ Blazkowicz · Annette Krause · Pippa Shepherd · Fergus Reid · Ludwig Kessler · Richard Wesley · Katrin · Markus · Village Drunkard|
|Nazis||Rudi Jäger · Helga Von Schabbs · Emmerich Schreiner|
|Resistance||BJ Blazkowicz · Anya Oliwa · Caroline Becker · Fergus Reid · Private Wyatt · Max Hass · Bobby Bram · Set Roth · Bombate · Super Spesh · Sigrun Engel · Grace Walker · Horton|
|Nazis||Irene Engel · Kommandant · Peter Trumbauer|