Frau Irene Engel
|Country of Origin||Germany|
|Date of Birth||1905|
|Height||5' 5" (1.65 meters)|
|Weight||138 lbs (62 kg)|
|Appearance(s)|| Wolfenstein: The New Order|
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
- "For your crime. You will die like vermin. I will hunt you down. At the end of the earth I will find you. Your skin charred and your fats rendered. Your kind exterminated. In the end, I will feed your flesh…to the furnace."
- ―Frau Engel to B.J. after being wounded by Herr Faust.[src]
A leading figure behind Bund Deutscher Mädel (League of German Girls), the female wing of the Nazi Party, Frau Engel has dedicated her life to the Nazi cause. Having done her duty, raising six, according to her definition, "Aryan" children to serve the Fatherland and exhibiting steadfast loyalty to the Nazi Party, she quickly rose up their ranks.
The New OrderEdit
Frau Engel is first seen on the night train to Berlin. Alongside her is her younger lover Hans Winkle, whom she affectionately named Bubi (German for "little boy") when she entered the same compartment as Blazkowicz. She then inspects Blazkowicz and tests him via some pictures to see if he is of Aryan descent. She then reveals that she was merely toying with Blazkowicz, and the pictures are actually just vacation pictures and old war photos, claiming she can spot an "impure" with her naked eye.
Frau Engel is not seen again until Blazkowicz enters Camp Belica near Zagreb in Annexed Croatia. She is seen walking on the balcony, overseeing the delivery of new prisoners. After Blazkowicz is caught trying to steal the Detronic battery, Engel is present as Blazkowicz, Set Roth, and the other prisoners are about to be executed by Herr Faust. B.J. and Roth manage to seize control of the robot and use it to attack Engel and her soldiers. Engel survives but her face is horrifically disfigured, taunting Blazkowicz up close before the robot tosses her aside. Just as Blazkowicz and the prisoners try to escape, Engel reappears with two assault rifles and opens fire on the fugitives, shouting "No one leaves my camp!"
She later spearheads the assault on the Kreisau Circle's base, leading to the deaths of Klaus Kreutz and several others. She is last seen on a computer screen in Deathshead's compound as Blazkowicz is ambushed by Bubi and injected with a powerful tranquilizer. As Bubi attempts to gut Blazkowicz while Engel watches, B.J. bites Bubi in the ear and stabs him to death. Engel looks on in shock and horror via video feed and then shuffles away whimpering, never seen again afterwards.
The New Colossus Edit
"You think you're a hero? William Joseph Blazkowicz?"-Frau Engel to an incapacitated Blazkowicz
Frau Engel returns as the main antagonist of the game. She is shown to have had her jaw completely fixed (with some scars on her jaw, a crooked left eyebrow and can no longer close the left side of her mouth) and has been relentlessly hunting down BJ. Judging by her collar insignia, she was promoted to Obergruppenführer (Lieutenant General).
After witnessing Bubi's death at the hands of B.J. Blazkowicz, Engel spends the next five months ruthlessly hunting the Kreisau Circle, culminating in an assault on the Eva's Hammer in the north Atlantic.
Once B.J. surrenders and is brought before her, Engel mocks his new crippled state while gloating her plans to publicly execute him. She then hands her daughter Sigrun a fire axe and browbeats her to decapitate Caroline Becker.
- Frau Irene Engel carries a gold Handgun 1946 that can be collected as a treasure during the chapter 8 Camp Belica level.
- Her name translates to 'Mrs. Angel'.
- Due to her ambiguous fate, Frau Irene Engel is the only surviving antagonist of The New Order.
- Frau Irene Engel's cruel and inhumane treatment of her camp's prisoners might have been based on Nazi Commandant Ilse Koch, the notorious warden of Buchenwald.
- After extensive surgery, a team of medical experts by Deathshead himself, managed to recreate most of Frau Engel's face, but the scars will remain forever.
- She is the mother of Sigrun Engel, a character in the upcoming Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
|Resistance||BJ Blazkowicz · Anya Oliwa · Caroline Becker · Fergus Reid · Prendergast · Private Wyatt · Tekla · J · Klaus Kreutz· Max Hass · Bobby Bram · Set Roth · Bombate ·|
|Nazis||Wilhelm Strasse · Irene Engel · Bubi · Friedrich Keller · The Knife|
|Others||Gates · Benson|
|Resistance||BJ Blazkowicz · Anya Oliwa · Caroline Becker · Fergus Reid · Private Wyatt · Max Hass · Bobby Bram · Set Roth · Bombate · Super Spesh · Sigrun Engel · Grace Walker · Horton|
|Nazis||Irene Engel · Kommandant · Peter Trumbauer|