|Max ammunition in reserve||15|
|Games|| Return to Castle Wolfenstein,|
Grenades are handheld explosive devices. There are two different grenades in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. One of them is the German Model 24 Stielhandgranate, the other is the American Mk. 2 defensive hand grenade. In-game, the differences between the two are merely cosmetic. Another difference is their quantity. While Stick Grenades can be found on most maps with Nazis, the Allied Grenades are not as common. The player can also "cook" grenades by holding down the "fire" button. This is useful, because the enemies have less time to react before the grenade explodes, but the players can blow themselves up if they hold it for too long, that usually means game over. A common trick is to cook the grenade for 3 ticks if the enemy is close; 2 ticks if they are at mid range. Players should note that human enemies can kick grenades back at the them. And sometimes the enemy will toss some "potato masher" at you, this can be dangerous because you will recieve no warning for this... But if you listen carefully, you can hear the grenade bouncing around, like a wooden stick dropping on the ground.
Grenades can gib enemies if they are close to them, it's a good tactic to use them against zombie-type enemies so that they don't rise again.
- The Model 24 Stielhandgranate is first obtained during the Ominous Rumours mission. It is plentiful throughout the rest of the game. It can be refilled by picking up grenade bags. Each grenade bag adds 4 grenades up to a maximum 15.
- The Mk. 2 defensive hand grenade is obtained during the Deadly Designs mission. It forms part of the Blazkowicz's starting equipment. He will also start later missions with a few of them. There is no way to refill them, due to the Mk. 2s are nowhere to be found in the entire game, unless using console command.
- The Model 24 Stielhandgranate is often referred to "potato masher" by allied soldiers.
- Grenades can be cooked up to 4 seconds.
The Mk. 2 defensive hand grenade only appears in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
The Model 24 Stielhandgranate appears in Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein.
- Mdl. 24 grenade (2009) - the Wolfenstein (2009) version.
|Melee||Knife · Boot|
|Firearms||Luger · Colt · MP 40 · Thompson · Sten · Mauser (Scoped) · Snooper · FG 42 · Venom · MG 42|
|Explosives||Grenades · Dynamite · Panzerfaust|
|Other||Flamethrower · Tesla|
|Tides of War exclusive||Shotgun|