The Hammergewehr (lit. "Hammer Gun") is a four-barreled heavy weapon that fires stimulated barrages of buckshot. The weapon is suitable for fighting heavy enemies such as the Panzerhund, Super Soldier or the Drone.
It is presumed that, due to the type of ammunition it fires, the Hammergewehr is a heavy variant of the Schockhammer X.
- The weapon is normally carried by Super Soldiers or mounted on a stand, where it contains around 310 rounds after dismounting.
- It's second to the Dieselgewehr on shooting quickly when holding down the button, not needing to charge up shots.
- There is a Hammergewehr hidden in the courtroom section, beneath one of the desks alongside a Health pack and grenade crate. This can be useful to take out soldiers running to your location, or take the two Super Soldiers that launch into the room. This strategy is more useful on harder difficulties (e.g. "Mein Leben") if you want to hide and wait on the Nazi soldiers.
- It is most effective when used in close range against heavy enemies or random clusters of normal soldiers, quickly killing soldiers or causing them to dodge/stagger.
This weapon is specifically found in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and The Freedom Chronicles. It's often found mounted, hidden in crates, laying around areas, or being wielded by Super Soldiers.
- It can be assumed that the Hammergewehr is modeled after the Schockhammer, albeit using a slightly different mechanism.
- The barrels reciprocate, meaning that the weapon's recoil operates with a locked breach unlike the Schockhammer's fixed barrels.
However, two pairs of toggle locks can be seen ejecting spent shells during firing, which is a shared design with the Schockhammer.
- This weapon seems like the equivalent of the MG60 from the previous game, although the MG60 uses battery as ammo and the hammergewehr uses regular ammo.
|Melee/Throwing||Hatchet · Knife (Freedom Chronicles only) · Canned goods (Freedom Chronicles only)|
|Sidearms||Handgun 1960 · Maschinenpistole|
|Assault weapons||Sturmgewehr · Schockhammer X · LaserKraftWerk (timeline determinate)|
|Explosives||Dieselkraftwerk (timeline determinate) · Kampfpistole · Handgranate|
|Heavy weapons||Lasergewehr · Dieselgewehr · Hammergewehr · Ubergewehr|
|Other||Microwave Emitters · Ram Shackles|