The Old BloodEdit
- "A single-shot pistol that fires high-explosive ammunition, useful for taking out large targets and groups of enemies."
- ―Weapon description[src]
The Kampfpistole is very powerful, capable of killing Heavy Soldiers with a direct hit and has a large blast radius, penetrating cover better than a grenade. The projectile that is fired acts like a rocket and would always fly straight ahead until it hits a hard surface where it detonates and causes massive damage, or an enemy where it will stick and explode after a brief delay.
In many aspects it is the more accurate and controllable version of the Hand Grenade, but the scarcity of its ammo pickups tend to limit its use.
- Kampfpistole +: Increases the Kampfpistole's maximum ammo count by 3.
- Reload Mash: Allows the player to speed up the Kampfpistole's reload by mashing the reload button.
The New ColossusEdit
- "A single shot handgun that fires high-explosive ammunition, useful for taking out multiple enemies simultaneously."
- ―Weapon description[src]
The Kampfpistole returns in The New Colossus as a multi-shot grenade launcher holding 6 rounds in a drum magazine. It can fire either grenades or rockets in semi-automatic or burst fire when upgraded. Übercommanders wield these weapons, making them a hard opponent, but can give you more ammo if you're low.
The Kampfpistole is first available in the mission Recover the New Orleans Dossier. Inside the bunker, there is a multi-level section with two large, circular platforms that move up and down. The newly acquired Contraption from the previous mission must be used to enter the corridor that runs along the southern part of the room. The access points for the Constrictor Harness and the Ram Shackles are on the top floor, while the Battle Walker must be used in the stairwell, one floor down.
- Rocket: Grenades traverse straight forward and detonate on impact.
- Shoulder Stock: Upgrades the kampfpistole grip to rifle grip, which almost eliminates all recoil.
- Spring Loader: Hold the trigger to charge up and fire up to three grenades in a rapid sequence.
- Engraved on its side is the name of its manufacturer, Stahl.W.
- The weapon was likely based on the real-world launcher of the same name, the Kampfpistole Z. Although the Kampfpistole Z can fire specialized explosive munitions, they are still technically modified grenades and not rockets like portrayed in the game.
- The Kampfpistole's supposed "rockets" do not emit exhaust when fired.
- The Kampfpistole from The Old Blood may be a precursor to the rocket launcher mounted on the Assault Rifle 1960 in The New Order.
|Melee||Knife · Pipe|
|Assault weapons||Assault Rifle 1946-T · Bombenschuss · Schockhammer · Kampfpistole · Double-Barreled Shotgun|
|Melee/Throwing||Hatchet · Knife (Freedom Chronicles only) · Canned goods (Freedom Chronicles only)|
|Sidearms||Handgun 1960 · Maschinenpistole|
|Assault weapons||Sturmgewehr · Schockhammer X · LaserKraftWerk (timeline determinate)|
|Explosives||Dieselkraftwerk (timeline determinate) · Kampfpistole · Handgranate|
|Heavy weapons||Lasergewehr · Dieselgewehr · Hammergewehr · Ubergewehr|
|Other||Microwave Emitters · Ram Shackles|