- "You're my boy, Max. You know that? Such a good boy. You'll be all alone now. But don't fret. All of us are alone. Always. Though it may not look like it. You're going to have to stop crying and start fighting. I wish... The strength within you."
- ―Klaus to Max before his death.
Klaus Kreutz, a former Nazi Wehrmacht and now a member of the resistance, has a long, dark history with the Nazi regime. While he was a Nazi, he and his wife were trying desperately to have a child. Eventually Klaus' wife was pregnant and gave birth to a son but he was born with a club foot. Klaus knew what would happened if the child was found out to have a birth defect. Despite his efforts to cover it up the Gestapo were informed and proceeded to kill his wife and child, thus leaving Klaus with a hatred of the Nazis.
The New OrderEdit
Klaus became the guardian and caretaker of Max Hass, a pacifist member of the resistance whom he regards as a son. He established a grudging relationship with B.J. after B.J. attacked him, mistaking Klaus for a Nazi given that he retained a tattoo of the eagle holding the swastika.
He is fatally wounded by Nazi commandos under Frau Engel in a raid of the resistance base, while B.J. was returning from a mission in London. Although Max Hass took him to the helicopter, he died shortly after they reached safety.
Personality & TraitsEdit
Klaus is known to be a very sadly dark character, obviously because of his past affiliation with the Nazis; however he's also been known to be a somewhat nice person to certain people like his comrades and especially to Max Hass. When he found out he was going to be a father prior to him becoming a member of the Kreisau Circle, he considered his child according to Caroline Becker as a "miracle".
- Although he is supposed to be a native German, he speaks with an audible Austrian accent. This fact does not necessarily have to be a mistake since Nazi Germany annexed Austria. This accent is also spoken in some parts of southern Bavaria, which makes it an official but rather rare German accent.
- Klaus' surname is misspelled as "Kruetz" in his section of Blazkowicz's journal.
- He keeps a 1946 version of the Luger in his shoulder holster, rather than the 1960 version. This could imply he left the Nazis relatively soon after the end of the war, or at least before the 'modern' technological innovations.
|Resistance||BJ Blazkowicz · Anya Oliwa · Caroline Becker · Fergus Reid · Prendergast · Private Wyatt · Tekla · J · Klaus Kreutz· Max Hass · Bobby Bram · Set Roth · Bombate ·|
|Nazis||Wilhelm Strasse · Irene Engel · Bubi · Friedrich Keller · The Knife|
|Others||Gates · Benson|