The Leichenfaust 44 (lit. "Corpse Fist") is a weapon in 2009 video game Wolfenstein. Another example of the Nazis' experiments with the Black Sun Dimension. Created in the Castle of Isenstadt, it fires a glob of energy that, on contact, detonates, disintegrating most any target, and levitating everything within its blast radius for a few seconds. Leichenfaust translates literally to Corpse Fist, which refers to the gun's ability to vaporize corpses.
Wielded by no enemies, it is first found in the Castle of Isenstadt during the seventh mission "Castle" and the developers will make sure that you have it, because there is a heavy gate that require Leichenfaust 44 to open. After the Castle mission they scattered throughout few levels. Ammo is also rather scarce, so use it with care after taken every each shot.
The Leichenfaust 44 fires a large spherical pulse of veil energy that detonates on contact. The detonation is powerful enough to completely disintegrate enemies (it is the only weapon that can even defeat the Altered with one shot!), and also disrupts gravity around the point of explosion, causing debris (and the disintegrating remains of enemies) to float into the air for a few seconds, before crashing back down to the ground, you will need this to open the heavy gate sometimes. Like the Panzerschreck, it is not advisable to use at close range, as it can seriously hurt B.J. too. This weapon is useful against most enemies, but its slow projectile means it is best used against bosses. And Much like the Panzerschreck, ammo is really hard to come by until the later levels, making it one of the few weapons in the game in which it is worth to buy ammo from the Black Market.
- Ammo type: Veil Condensate Canisters
- Maximum ammo: 25 (upgrade 30)
- Maximum capacity: 5 (upgrade 10)
- To refill ammo, it costs: $500.
There are a total of 4 upgrades for the Leichenfaust 44, with a total cost of $5,500:
- Gallium Transformer. Unlock: complete Castle. Cost: $1,000. Reduces the recharge after each shot fired.
- Nacrite Resonator. Unlock: complete Airfield. Cost: $1,000. Increases the speed of the projectile.
- Planck Refractor. Unlock: complete Airfield. Cost: $2,000. Increases the radius of effect.
- Iridium Casing. Unlock: complete Castle. Cost: $1,500. Increases the magazine size from 5 to 10. Also increases maximum ammo from 25 to 30.
- The 44 in Leichenfaust 44 indicates that it was first developed/manufactured in 1944.
- It seems to be a miniaturization of the Keiler Tank's gun, found in the Cannery of Isenstadt.
- Leichenfaust 44 is very likely got its name from German Panzerfaust, a disposable anti-tank weapon.
- It functions very simiarly to the BFG9000 from the Doom series of games, also by Id Software, especially the one featured in Doom 3.
- It also functions like Dark Matter Gun from Quake 4, since before impact, projectiles fired from this weapon disintegrate enemies close to trajectories.
- The word "Leichenfaust" translates to "corpse fist".
- Another Name of it is "Leichenzerberster".
|Handheld weapons||Kar 98 · MP 40 · MP 43 · Particle cannon · Panzerschreck · Flammenwerfer · Tesla gun · Leichenfaust 44 · Mdl. 24 grenade · Melee weapons|
|Mounted weapons||MG42 · Flakvierling 38 · Keiler|
|Other||Dynamite · Melee weapons|