Lopers (German: Hoppelner) are Deathshead's first creations created from the corpse from other dead living being for the additional forces for the Nazi domination.
Loper are the first result of Übersoldat project and considered as failures due to their unstable and feral nature. Lopers are cyborgs who have their lower body parts amputated and replaced with Tesla-generators. The creatures are reinforced with drugs, making them very agile and fast. They have an ability to jump to great distances and electrocute their enemies. Lopers are known for their tendency to run away and make trouble, killing scientists and guards, and attack proto-soldiers in X-Labs.
- Lopers are one of the most annoying types of enemies in the game, as they often attack by jumping in the air and electrocuting their targets. They can even damage the player with electricity while they are standing on an elevation. It's a good tactic to attack the Lopers from a distance because their attacks can drain the player's health really fast and are hard to hit. Remember to take cover to avoid their Tesla attack. The best weapons to use against them are the Flamethrower, the Venom gun, the Panzerfaust (when up close, 1~2 rockets should do) and the Paratrooper rifle from a distance, which is not always an option because Lopers take cover away from the player's fire when they can't fight back. The flamethrower will take less than 10 seconds to kill one.
- Avoid contact with Lopers if you are not ready to attack, as you will start to take damage once it releases electricity, which will happen shortly after visual contact with Loper.
- Lopers attack everything with the exception of other Lopers, which can be helpful. Try and have your enemies kill each other off, even if your enemies failed to kill the Lopers for you (which is fairly common). They will be easy prey afterwards anyway, especially for the Proto-Soldier.
- It's also possible to lure Lopers into electricity traps. In the X-Labs there are electric fences you can activate a switch to turn on and any Lopers will die on contact.
- Sometimes, in the last part of Mission 5 Part 2, Lopers can jump into the water trying to attack you and drown. When this happens, the player drowning sound effects are heard.
Lopers appear only in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
|Humans||Black Guard · Elite Guard · Flamethrower · Officer · Soldier · Venom Gunner · Worker|
|Undead||Fire Undead · Undead · Undead Warrior · Dark Knight|
|X-Creatures||Loper · Proto-Soldier|
|Bosses||Olaric · Super Soldier · Heinrich I|
|Nazis||Wilhelm Strasse · Marianna Blavatsky · Helga von Bulow · Heinrich Himmler · Zemph · Zee · Lofen · Wolfgang Statz · Shurber · Major Jurgen · Unnamed Scientist (Cursed Sands)|
|Console exclusive||Egyptian Mercenary · Occult Priest · X-Shepherd|