|Weapon type||General Purpose Machine Gun|
|Ammunition type||Rechargeable Power Battery|
|Country of Origin||Germany|
|Fire type(s)||Full Automatic|
|Soldiers Issued|| Soldier (The New Order)|
|Appearance(s)||Wolfenstein: The New Order|
The MG-60 (MaschinenGewehr 1960) or Machine Gun 1960 is a energy-based turret armament designed and used by the Nazis during 1960.
- The Machine Gun 1960 is a directed-energy weapon that feeds on electricity, thus in theory it can be fired indefinitely even on mobile mode, as long as you can find Charging Station to recharge its battery periodically.
- Like its 1946 predecessor, the player can use it as a fixed emplacement or un-mount it for mobile heavy firepower. It can be re-attached to its tripod mount for recharging, but wall charging stations are more common and convenient to accomplish the same task.
- Whether mounted or wielded, its high damage rate is capable of easily tearing apart groups of ordinary soldiers and Heavy Soldiers in moments. However, the player will be exposed to enemy fire and the poor mobility of MG-60 means hit and run is not an option in hot spots.
- However, against larger enemies like Supersoldaten and Guard Robots, spraying fire at them is quite ineffective. Instead, it requires the player to concentrate damage on a body part (recommended to aim at the head or chest) until a piece of metal armor plating is torn away, and then fire at the exposed section that is revealed. On Über difficulty, even well-focused fire will still require a significant portion of the MG-60's battery.
- Like Machine Gun 1946, the MG 60 will slow down B.J. significantly while wielded, and somehow affects his dexterity.
- The MG 60 is a powerful weapon against the enemy or the players themselves, its firepower is not something to be underestimated when used by the enemy.
- Other than as a turret, this is a primary weapon of choice for the Supersoldaten.
- The MG 60 can pierce through thin metal, like LaserKraftWerk. Unlike the narrow cutting beam of the LKW, the shots will simply punch holes through the metal sheet and can damage a target hiding behind it.
- It was also counted by the year of 1960. So it is called the MG-1960 like the Handgun 1960
The Machine Gun 1960 appears only in Wolfenstein: The New Order., and in 1960 timeline only.
- Because the MG 60 is energy based, the recoil is significantly lower than other conventional weapons, including Machine Gun 1946.
|Light Guns||Handgun 1946 · Handgun 1960 · SMG|
|Heavy Guns||Assault Rifle 1946 · Assault Rifle 1960 · AR Marksman · Automatic Shotgun · Double-Barreled Shotgun|
|Machine Guns||MG-46 · MG-60|
|Explosives||Hand Grenade · Tesla Grenade|
|Laser Guns||Laser Cutter · LaserKraftWerk|