The Maschinenpistole (MP61) of 1961 is an automatic firearm utilized by Nazi soldiers in the Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Like the SMG featured in The New Order, it is the first weapon used by the player.
A standard-issue gun used by the regular Nazi soldier and a replacement for the standard 1960 Assault Rifle for regular soldier. Its high fire-rate makes it useful for taking multiple enemies at close range. This weapon's functionality and role is very similar to the American SMG used in The New Order.
- Nailgun - heats bullets, making them more damaging while decreasing their travel time.
- Drum Magazine - doubles magazine capacity, perfect for dual-wielding.
- Integral Suppressor - mow down enemies without raising alarms.
- The Maschinenpistole is likely a post-war successor to the MP40 featured in the earlier WW2-era installments, as it shares a similar visual profile and degree of usage.
- The Maschinenpistol's trigger group is from the Walther MP submachine gun while its barrel shroud resembles that of an Intratec TEC-9. However, the whole design mostly resembles Smith and Wesson's copy of the Swedish Kpist-M45
|Light Guns||Handgun 1960 · Maschinenpistole|
|Heavy Guns||Sturmgewehr · Dieselgewehr · Schockhammer X|
|Machine Guns||Hammergewehr · Railway Turret|
|Explosives||Handgranate · Microwave Emitters · Dieselkraftwerk · Kampfpistole|
|Laser Guns||LaserKraftWerk · Lasergewehr|