The games are sequels to the original Spear of Destiny, and follow a similar storyline. The Spear of Destiny, the spear which pierced the side of Christ, having already been retrieved by BJ once, has again been captured by the Nazis. BJ must fight through a 21 level pattern much like the original game, in which he meets old foes and new bosses. The new bosses are as follows:
- Submarine Willy, an insane, lobotomized submarine captain
- Professor Quarkblitz, a mad scientist who developed the Bats
- Major Hans "The Axe" von Schlieffen, who recaptured the Spear
- The Robot, Professor Quarkblitz's creation, who guards the Spear of Destiny
- Devil Incarnate, whose domain the player is teleported to upon picking up the Spear
Differences from the original Spear of DestinyEdit
The mission packs resemble many fan-made mods of the original Wolfenstein in that they change the appearances and sounds of all enemies, items, and wall features, and design completely new levels, except by applying these changes to Spear of Destiny rather than the original Wolfenstein. They also are similar in a way to Final Doom, which is likewise essentially two remakes of Doom 2 (but which do not re-design the enemies' appearances).
- The same four weapons exist and function identically, though their appearance and sound is changed
- All "new" enemies actually have exactly the same characteristics as the enemies they replace, even the Bat has the characteristics of the original Mutant. This is due to the fact that the only changes allowed by the engine are art and sound swaps.
- The sound swaps are apparently intended to improve on the original. For example, the German phrases the various guards yell are intended to be more realistic.
- The treasure is replaced by various types of weapon components, but again, it is simply a cosmetic change.
- The same 21-level pattern is followed, and the same general storyline, including transportation to an otherworldly dimension
- The boss level text is identical to that of the original game listing the replaced boss and not the new one.
- Par times are not changed for each level, whether or not they are appropriate for the level's actual length
- The same songs play for each level
- The demos use the same recorded movement data as the normal game files the demo loads the same levels but the data does not match the new layout leading to the demo player getting stuck.
- The end-of-game sequence is identical to that of the original game
- Wolfenstein 3D
- Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades
- Spear of Destiny
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
- Wolfenstein (2009)
- Wolfenstein: The New Order