Otto Giftmacher ("Poison Maker", also known as Dr. Otto Giftmacher) is the boss of Episode 4 of Wolfenstein 3D and is the creator of the chemical weapons to be used in the Nazi's chemical attack against the Allies. Defeating him will put a stop to the production of chemical weapons. He uses a Rocket Launcher.
After being defeated, he will talk before falling to ground and triggering the ending.
Despite wielding a rocket launcher, Otto is quite easy to take down. Find an area to hide behind, then grab your Chain Gun, get to where you can see him and open fire. When you hear a "bing!" sound, run to cover, as he just fired a rocket at you! Once you hear the rocket explode, go out and repeat the process. If he gets too close, move to another location.
If he gets too close to you, you might not have enough room to avoid his rockets or the splash damage from them, so make sure that you have enough distance between him and you before you start you attack. Don't worry about range; Otto is large enough that most of your bullets will hit him as long as you aim towards him, no matter the distance.When finding a good location to hide at between rockets, make sure that the hiding spot doesn't have a wall near to your back, or the splash damage from the explosion may affect you even if the rocket misses.
The poor quality of sound in the game makes it difficult to ascertain what is being said. Sources are given for what Id claims is the language, but this is sometimes open to criticism.
- "Eine kleine Amerikaner!"
- "A little American!" File: "EINESND". Spoken on seeing the player.
- "Good heavens!" File: "DONNERSND". Spoken on death.
"Id Software apologizes to German speaking people everywhere."
- Otto Giftmacher is the only boss to have a rocket launcher, but not a hitscan weapon.
- ↑ WOLFSRC/WL_ACT2.C from the Wolfenstein 3D source code on github.com, line 42
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Cloud, Kevin. The Official Hint Manual for Wolfenstein 3D. Apogee Software, 1992. Page 72. Web. (Third-party scan)
- ↑ Cloud, Kevin. Spear of Destiny Hint Book. FormGen Corporation, 1992. Page 36. Web. (Third-party scan)
|Wolfenstein 3D||Guard · SS · Killer Dog · Mutant · Officer · Pac-Man Ghost · Fake Hitler|
|Other enemies||Bat · Mutant Rat · Ghost|
|Wolfenstein 3D bosses||Hans Grösse · Dr. Schabbs · Adolf Hitler · Otto Giftmacher · Gretel Grösse · General Fettgesicht|
|Spear of Destiny bosses||Trans Grösse · Barnacle Wilhelm · Übermutant · Death Knight · Angel of Death|
|Spear of Destiny mission pack bosses||Submarine Willy · Professor Quarkblitz · The Axe · The Robot · Devil Incarnate|