The President is the leader of the United States.
The 32nd president of the United States who presided for most of historical World War II was Franklin D. Roosevelt. Though he was replaced with Harry S. Truman late in the war, when his health failed, and he died in office shortly into his fourth term.
It is said that following the war William Blazkowicz was honored by the President, given a Medal of Honor, and then married a movie star; but he has previously met the president after recovering the Spear of Destiny, during briefings for the Original Encounter, and has letters sent to him from the President.
The New OrderEdit
The President is mentioned in The New Order, but it is not clear concerning the identity of the president. The game is actually not clear what happened to the US presidency, or its leadership. There are two sources of information that even discuss it.
There is J, mentioning that the "The Man" (his name for the US government), "ran scared...mother-fuckin gave up...Nazi asked the Man to get down on his knees, and the Man was all too happy to pucker up, and start kissing Nazi ass, like it was the most natural thing in the world". That the Man started throwing its 'degenerates'/'undesirables' into the gas chambers, just like the Germans.
The other bit of information is in a newspaper:
- America Surrenders
- Washington, December 24, 1948 - Speaking to the
- American people in the falling snow on Christmas Eve,
- the President of the United States declared the
- government's total surrender to the German Army. The
- announcement comes just days after the atomic bomb
- was dropped on New York. "This final act of violence
- may have saved millions of lives that would have
- resulted from a land invasion of America," said the
- German leader in a press statement following the
- announcement. "I applaud the President's speech, a
- spectacular show was put on by the invading troops
- parading down the streets of Washington to the roaring
- sound of German jet fighters passing overhead. Even
- more spectacular were the massive mechanical beasts
- known as "Panzerhunden", or "armored dogs", hulking
- over the crowds.