|Appears In|| Wolfenstein: The New Order|
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (unusable)
- "A standard-issue US Army submachine gun. Its high fire-rate makes it useful when taking on many enemies at close range."
- ―Journal description.[src]
The Submachine Gun or SMG is an automatic weapon appearing in Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. It is the standard-issue primary weapon of the Allied Forces in 1946 and the first weapon used by the player.
The Submachine Gun is a fast-firing weapon with a large magazine size and low overall recoil, making it useful when engaging multiple enemies up close or for sniping. Ammunition for this weapon is very easy to find due to it sharing the same pickup type as the Handgun 1946, though firing it wildly would still result in shortage.
Although handy to have, the Submachine Gun is quickly supplanted by the vastly more useful Assault Rifle 1946, which can be picked up from the first enemy soldier encountered. Compared to its replacement the Submachine Gun is substantially weaker, harder to get ammo for and cannot be dual-wielded.
It does not make an appearance after the timeskip nor does it have a 1960 counterpart.
- Manageable recoil
- Large magazine
- High rate-of-fire
- Low total ammo, and additional ammunition is hard to come by
- Cannot be dual-wielded
- Crosshair blooms wildly when hipfired
- Deadeye: Increases the SMG's headshot damage when sighted.
- Quick Draw: The SMG is equipped faster.
- Quick Reload: The SMG is reloaded faster.
- Dual-wield Expert: Increases the SMG's standard total ammo capacity.
- The SMG was based on a dolled-up M1928A1 Thompson submachine gun.
- The SMG is akin to the MP40 and MP43 from the previous game, almost identical in terms of combat purpose, effective range, and recoil .
- Before rappelling up Deathshead's fortress, Fergus admits that the submachine guns themselves are inferior to the German Assault rifles and tells everyone to pick one up off a dead Nazi soldier if possible.
- The SMG third person model has a foregrip which can be seen when it is wielded by an NPC or even Blazkowicz himself when his character model is viewed in the Extras segment.
- The SMG is wielded by Fergus Reid in the final cinematic of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, but the player can't use it.
|Light Guns||Handgun 1946 · Handgun 1960 · SMG|
|Heavy Guns||Assault Rifle 1946 · Assault Rifle 1960 · AR Marksman · Automatic Shotgun · Double-Barreled Shotgun|
|Machine Guns||MG-46 · MG-60|
|Explosives||Hand Grenade · Tesla Grenade|
|Laser Guns||Laser Cutter · LaserKraftWerk|
|Light Guns||Handgun 1946 · Kampfpistole · SMG|
|Heavy Guns||Assault Rifle 1946-T · Bombenschuss · Schockhammer · Double-Barreled Shotgun|