The Sturmgewehr is a new assault rifle variant that appears in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. It has a sleeker design and better heat dispersion.
The next generation of high calibre automatic rifle used mainly by Nazi elite soldiers to replace the 1960 version used by both regular and elite soldier. Useful when taking on enemies at medium to long range. Despite it's year of manufacture, it functions more similarly to the Assault Rifle 1946, as evidenced from the weapon's reduced 30-round magazine and slower rate of fire.
- Marksman scope: increase accuracy and damage but making the gun fires single shot rather fully automatic
- Armor piercing: Bullet will pierce through armor and thin sheet of metal. Highly effective against highly armored and mechanical enemies
- Jungle magazine: Double magazine tapped together for quick reload.
- Sturmgewehr is the name used by the real life Nazis in WWII to designate their new powerful sub-machinegun, the MP-44. Hence the name STG-44.
- Sturmgewehr means "storm rifle", the term assault rifle is derived from this.