- "Well Agent Blazkowicz. You are a most impressive specimen. It would be my pleasure to dissect you piece by piece. Let me introduce you to someone. Do not confuse it with the mere prototypes you've encountered. This is the pinnacle of all my research. Das Über-Soldat. The Super Soldier. It will be my pleasure to watch it destroy you."
- ―Deathshead speaking to B.J. Blazkowicz in the X-Labs.[src]
Über-Soldaten, also known as Super Soldier and Super-soldaten, or Maschinensoldaten in the German version of The New Order and The Old Blood are enhanced human enemies created by Deathshead that appear in Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.
Return to Castle WolfensteinEdit
Super Soldiers are the end result of Deathshead's work in the X-Labs. These are his Über-Soldats, armed with a Venom gun, a Tesla gun and a Panzerfaust. They don't go down as easily as their predecessors.
It is not sure whether these soldiers were created to fight the Allies or to protect the site of Heinrich's resurrection and to be turned into zombie knights to aid with the resurrection. According to Deathshead's notes in the Operation Resurrection Project Book, he openly resents the latter option and believes that the Super Soldiers should be directly utilized as weapons of war.
- The first Super Soldier is introduced by Deathshead in Part 3 of Deathshead's Playground. He is the second boss of the game. He uses a Panzerfaust and a Tesla gun.
- Two more Super Soldiers are encountered in Part 4 of Return Engagement. At first it appears that there is only one of them, but soon a second one joins the fight. The first one uses a Venom gun and a Panzerfaust. The second one uses a Venom gun, a Panzerfaust and a Tesla gun.
- One more Super Soldier is seen in the Part 1 of Operation Resurrection, He will use various weapons and along with 2 other Proto-Soldiers will have some SS soldiers/Flamethrower soldier as their friends. (He is not seen in difficulty "Bring them on!" or lower, he will be replaced with a Proto-Soldier.)
- Super Soldiers have more than twice as much health as the regular Proto-Soldiers, and require a significant amount of firepower to bring down.
- A Panzerfaust is the best weapon when dealing with them at medium range.
- Use the Venom gun if they are near, though this tactic is very risky, especially when you encounter them in close quarters.
- Thompson and Snooper rifle are not effective against Super Soldiers, don't bother wasting your rounds on him.
- Snipe them with the Mauser or FG 42 if possible.
- Unlike their prototype variant, Super Soldiers can use two or three weapons at once, depending on the difficulty you are playing - the harder the difficulty, the better they fight.
- Stay mobile while shooting them with automatic weapons.
- Finding cover fast is vital when dealing with them, since their Tesla gun CAN damage/kill you from a distance so far that you can only fire back with Scoped weapons, also, you only have seconds to pop out from cover and attack, the Tesla gun can start to damage you once it spots you.
- However, if it tries to fire the Panzerfaust at you, do on and attack! The rocket looks dangerous but it is fairly easy to dodge continuing shooting the most powerful weapon until they go down.
- If the Super Soldier is using Venom Gun, keep a good distance and snipe them.
Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old BloodEdit
The Supersoldaten is a new breed of super soldiers engineered by General Deathshead himself. They are created from human subjects. After going through a chemical therapy, their bodies are surgically enhanced with steel and cybernetics and encased in bullet-proof armor. To purify the human subject's killer instinct, its brain is degenerated into a more primitive state, making them erratic and extremely violent. Despite their primitive killer instincts, these troops are shown to take orders without question by important Nazi officials such as Deathshead.
The 1946 variant is only fought twice in the entire game, first as a boss in a containment chamber in Deathshead's Compound, where it lacks a weapon, and again in Chapter 9 where B.J. has to find his way back to the resistance HQ after retrieving a welder, where it uses the Machine Gun 1946. Despite lacking ranged weapon, the 1946 variant is potent at close and it has much higher mobility than its predecessor. Stay out of their attack range is the most important thing should B.J. run into one of these.
This variant is encountered en masse in Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, but now serves as a regular enemy instead of a boss and has slight cosmetic tweaks, particularly in it's back-mounted power-pack. Unlike Deathshead's compound version, these Super Soldiers are leashed to large electrical cables that slide along a ceiling mounted rail that provides power to let them move. By turning off generators around the levels, Super Soldiers can be incapacitated for a takedown kill, where B.J. uses his pipe to rip out the cable. However, any sort of heavy fire power can easily kill the cable Supersoldaten as the cable snaps and the Soldier will explode.
Another variant is encountered which likewise, can be killed with a pair of take downs (one removes its chest plate, the second destroys its heart and causes it to explode). This is achieved by disabling its power source by damaging it, however, sustained fire power will remove its armour and blow off its chest plate, with a shot to the heart the same as a take down.
Note: The Old Blood variety of Supersoldaten appear even more primitive than the versions seen in 1943 in RTCW, that some fans believe that this is another indication of a remimagining/rebooting from any previous timeline (and that RTCW did not occur in exactly the same way that it did in the original game).
Like most things that exist in both times, the 1960 version of the Supersoldaten is essentially a technologically advanced version of the earlier 1946 type, with the majority of the updates being related to their equipment. Despite their upgraded equipment, their behavior and basic transformations during creation seem to have changed little over the 14 years between the two versions.
Notably, the 1960 Supersoldaten is also created on the Moon and can be seen suspended unarmored and unconscious in tubes of yellow liquid. The creation of the 1946 variant is never seen so it is unknown whether this process differs from the one used to create its predecessors, although judging from the heavy facial scarring of the 1946 model, the process is more reliant on surgery rather than growth cultivation, as appears to be the case with the 1960 variant.
Their armor is generally more refined than that of their predecessors; instead of the mixture of flat, crudely machined plates of varying sizes assembled in an almost piecemeal fashion, the 1960 Supersoldaten armor is somewhat more rounded and curved, the components sized and shaped to provide a much greater level of coverage and visibly matching the underlying bodyparts while also sloped to effectively deflect projectiles, much like tanks and other armored fighting vehicles in both function and appearance. Additionally, the face protection plate of the 1946 version is replaced with a steel mask in the shape of a boldly styled art-deco human face while the head protection is changed to aesthetically resemble a steel version of the helmets worn by other Nazi troops.
As they wield the laser firing, electrically operated MG-60, the 1960 Supersoldaten can be a challenging enemy due to the combination of their very high damage potential, high durability and excellent resilience regarding interrupts and stuns compared to other enemies. They have a high rate of fire so evading shots is difficult and there aren't many ways to deal damage to them without also being directly in their line of fire. The main issue is surviving their very high damage for long enough to kill them because their resistance to interrupts and stuns makes it very difficult to unload into them without taking fatal damage, as they simply won't stop firing even while taking extremely heavy hits.
Strategy (1960 version) Edit
- Using energy weapons like the MG-60 and LaserKraftWerk is extremely useful against super soldiers as bullets will only bounce off and inflict a small amount damage on armored parts. Dual wielding the Marksman Rifle is somewhat effective but its energy needs to be re-charged quickly after 5-10 seconds. A fully charged LKP can get the job done if all the lasers connect. On higher difficulties the player need multiple bursts to kill one, so keep an eye out for charging station.
- Bullets weapons can bring them down, though it will take a lot of ammunition. Dual-wielded Assault Rifles will put in a large number of hits very rapidly. The rifle's under-slung rocket launchers will also blast their armor plating off, allowing you to follow up with either more rockets or gunfire to the exposed section.
- They are highly resistant to being interrupted/stunned even when getting hit by heavy firepower, and their machine guns are very difficult to dodge, meaning it is difficult to avoid damage from them. However, they have a short pause before acquiring a target and firing. Thus, the best way to avoid damage while killing them is to rapidly move in and out of cover. For best results, slip into cover and wait until you hear them stop firing, then emerge from cover at a different position each time, so they have to turn toward you and adjust their aim again before opening fire, therefore allowing you to attack unopposed.
- Do not get close to them. Otherwise, you will get an instant knockout death from them. Even if you somehow survived his melee attack, his MG-60 will gun you down with ease if you don't prepare yourself. They seems do not close in on you if you keep a distance, although he still can barrage you with his MG 60 even at long range, you will have little more room for error if he is far away from you.
- The 1960's super soldier has had several design similarities based off of Warhammer 40k's iconic Space Marine.
- Occasionally, hitting a Supersoldat with heavy weapons, such as a rocket or a fully powered shot from the LaserKraftWerk will cause the face mask to fall off, revealing a heavily scarred, nose-less face underneath.
- The game, Team Fortress 2, includes the 1960s soldier's chestplate and helmet as promotional items used by the Heavy class.
- Despite they are firing rockets from their gun, in RTCW, they drop a empty panzerfaust as normal enemies would.
- It can also be that they are equipped with panzerfausts, and after firing, they eject the launcher tube.
- The super soldiers in the Old blood when exploding are using the same animation when the Super soldier in the New Order prologue is about to remove his face mask.
- The 1960's super soldiers almost resemble to Special Armed Garrison(SAG) police from Kerberos Saga in terms of the armor's physical apperance as 1960's super soldiers' armor almost resemble SAG police's powered suit. Although they armed with different weapons as 1960's super soldiers are armed with fictional,rotary energy MG-60 machine gun while SAG police members are armed with MG-42, real life machine gun. More info on Kerberos Saga and SAG : []
Return to Castle WolfensteinEdit
The New OrderEdit
The Old BloodEdit
|Humans||Black Guard · Elite Guard · Flamethrower · Officer · Soldier · Venom Gunner · Worker|
|Undead||Fire Undead · Undead · Undead Warrior|
|X-Creatures||Loper · Proto-Soldier|
|Bosses||Olaric · Super Soldier · Heinrich I|
|Nazis||Wilhelm Strasse · Marianna Blavatsky · Helga von Bulow · Heinrich Himmler · Zemph|
|Tides of War exclusive||Egyptian Mercenary · Occult Priest · X-Shepherd|
|Humans||Soldier · Riot Guard · Commander · Deathshead's Commando · Fire Trooper · Rocket Trooper · Space Marine · Space Trooper|
|Machines||Drone · Guard Robot · Panzerhund · Heavy Robot · Baltisches Auge · Herr Faust · Zeppelin|
|Creatures||Kampfhund · Supersoldaten|
|Bosses||London Monitor · Prototype Robot · Deathshead|
|Humans||Soldier · Commander · Heavy Soldier · Marksman|
|Machines||Drone · Panzerhund · Laderoboter|
|Creatures||Kampfhund · Supersoldaten · Shambler|
|Bosses||King Otto's Monster|