Like their Return to Castle Wolfenstein counterparts, Wehrmacht soldiers are the most frequently encountered common enemies. Seven types exist.
- The standard Heer (Army land forces component of the Wehrmacht) soldiers, wearing a field grey uniform and the distinctive grey German helmet, and equipped with a MP 40.
- Heer soldiers, wearing an olive green uniform and a patrol cap, and equipped with a Kar98.
- Heer soldiers, wearing a field green uniform with the distinctive green German helmet, and equipped with a Kar98. These guys are only found in the "Hospital" level.
- Heer officers, wearing an olive green uniform and a peaked cap, and equipped with a MP 40.
- Wehrmacht soldiers without their uniform, wearing a white pajamas and equipped with a MP 40, only encountered during the fourth side mission "Officer's Mansion".
- The Luftwaffe (Army air forces component of the Wehrmacht) soldiers, wearing a blue pilot uniform and equipped with a MP 40, only encountered during the eighth mission "Air Field".
- And the Luftwaffe officers, wearing a blue pilot uniform and a patrol cap, and equipped with a MP 40, one encountered at the end of the eighth mission "Air Field" and the others during the ninth mission "Zeppelin".
They have no innate superhuman abilities, and aren't very durable to damage and have only 15 health points, however, they will almost always have B.J. outnumbered and they use this to their advantage. Wehrmacht soldiers are encountered in nearly every area in the game; they don't patrol the sewers making them an ideal way to avoid conflicts with them.
There is also a one time encounter with General Wolfgang Statz in the "Officer's Mansion" near the end of the level. He behaves just like the regular Heer with a MP 40 and even has the same health. He has an officer's peaked cap with a German trench coat signifying his rank above all the regular soldiers.
Some soldiers equipped with Kar 98 can attack B.J. even those weapon do not have scope attach to them.
The Wehrmacht soldiers are the grunts of the Nazi Army. They are the most easier enemies and are encountered in the greatest numbers, and will use that to their advantage. They will stick to machine gun nests, and when B.J kills the one manning it, another will move in his place. Wehrmacht soldiers individually aren't much of a threat, they fall quickly to every weapon. Wehrmacht officers present can direct soldiers into battle. Dealing with them "en masse" usually means taking a few out at a time. Using the MP 40 is a good choice, as the Wehrmacht soldiers tend to use it. On extremely rare occassion, they are found using Panzerschrecks.
Virtually every level contains them. They are found in all parts of Isenstadt. They are first encountered during the first mission "Train Station".
Heer soldier with field grey uniformEdit
Heer soldier with olive green uniform and Heer soldier with field green uniformEdit
- During the fourth mission, "Farm," when you have to stop in the Raven's Nest, you can talk to some Wehrmacht soldiers. Some will be just generally rude, while others may not exactly be polite, but they won't yell or say anything insulting to you. This shows that not all of the soldiers were complete Nazis, or some were polite enough to treat others well.
- All of the soldiers speak English, though there are times where they speak English sentences with some German words.
- There is a glitch where when you go very close to a soldier wielding a Kar98, he will not shoot you. This same happen to SS soldier with same weapon.
- There are very few cases where an enemy will appear armed with a Panzershreck and most are either scripted or part of missions. One of the few exceptions is that one possible spawn wave in the square in Midtown outside the Paranormal Base may include a Panzershreck on the roof where the base exit is (if the player entered at ground level) or on the ground nearby (if the player has just exited the Paranormal Base).
|Humans||Drache Trooper · Elite Guard · Heavy Trooper · Rocket Trooper · Scribe · Soldier (Wehrmacht · Sniper · SS) · Wolfgang Statz · Veil Assassin|
|Creatures||Despoiled · Geist · Sniffer|
|Machines||Keiler · MG42 · Portable shield · Tiger tank|
|Bosses||Altered · Viktor Zetta · Queen Geist · Hans Grosse|