Current version has been published by ID Software/Bethesda, and copyrighted 2009-2011.
Play the legendary original game that launched the First Person Shooter genre. You are OSA super agent B.J. Blazkowicz and you must escape from Castle Wolfenstein and defeat the twisted Nazi regime!
- There are two versions Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum, which contains the whole game, and Wolf 3D Classic Lite, which contains the first episode.
- The story is retconned to include B.J.'s connection to the OSA (to tie it into the RTCW, Wolfenstein 2009, and the Wolfenstein RPG). This was likely to tie it into the advertising and release of Wolfenstein 2009. In which Wolfenstein 3D was marketed as a prequel see Fourth Reich graphic novels, New Reich trailers, and references to Spear of Destiny.
- Wolfenstein RPG includes an advertisement for the Wolfenstein 3D Classic.
- Later versions (made up to 2011) added in more artwork in menus screens, credits, and other screens inspired by RTCW/Wolfenstein (2009)
- The latest version removes the splash page loading/title screen, and boots straight to the main menu.
- The ending Daily News paper seen at the end of each chapter lists the game as taking place during February, 1945.
- Player can start on any normal level map in each episode.
New version AdditionsEdit
- Now with the Spear of Destiny levels included
- 21 total new maps!
- 5 New Bosses: Trans Grösse, Barnacle Wilhelm, Übermutant, The Death Knight, Angel of Death.
- Download custom made maps
- Double tap to zoom in-game map in/out
- id Software trivia section
- Scrolling map selection menu
- ↑ Wolfenstein 3D Classic source code on github.com
- ↑ Play the legendary original game that launched the First Person Shooter genre. You are OSA super agent B.J. Blazkowicz and you must escape from Castle Wolfenstein and defeat the twisted Nazi regime!